Last week, the Board of Elementary and Secondary Education approved the revised descriptors for the new Next Generation MCAS assessment performance levels. Scores will fall into the following four categories:
- Exceeding Expectations
- Meeting Expectations
- Partially Meeting Expectations
- Not Meeting Expectations.
The legacy grade 10 MCAS will continue to use the existing descriptors (Advanced, Proficient, Needs Improvement, Warning) until the Next Generation grade 10 MCAS is adopted. For more information on the descriptors, click on the following link: http://www.doe.mass.edu/boe/docs/FY2017/2017-03/item5.html#levels-descriptors
Additionally, ESE has confirmed the following data highlights for the 2016-2017 MCAS layout:
- Item analysis will be back!
- Students will receive a percentile ranking in the state for math and ELA separately.
- Students will receive an SGP in ELA and math (with the exception in grade 3).